Wednesday, November 3, 2010

GROSS-LOOKING FUNNY FOOD: EYEBALL PLATTER


Halloween has just passed and I have to say, I love Halloween food and am so grateful for how fun food is to play with. Of course, I have five boys, and boys do tend to appreciate more gross stuff than girls do (on the whole, that is), and I love seeing their enjoyment in eating something a tad on the disgusting-looking side.

It's amazing how much more and easily my boys will eat an unknown food sometimes if I name it something yucky. I don't do it very often, but last time I made something new and named it goblin brains, I met with a very appreciative audience. So sad how uncooth and low-brow we are...

But there are so many cute and fun and slightly to very gross-looking Halloween foods. Here's a snack I tried this year. Yummy, cute, a tad disgusting in the thought (eating eyeballs, you know), and not un-nutritious. A perfect Halloween snack! I got the recipe from this site. Here's my 8-year-old with part of his snack.

1 comment:

MamaChef (JM) said...

Boys get so into this. When we would make sugar cookies it was not five minutes before they were making disgusting creations they wanted to bake....